Quality Evaluation for Evolving Education
TERC’s Evaluation Group builds on its members' collective research strengths in mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to provide responsive and rigorous evaluations for a variety of clients. The Evaluation Group offers consultation and evaluations for organizations with existing grants and programs, and collaborates with proposal writing teams to design evaluations.
TERC staff have created and implemented many formative and summative evaluations of mathematics and science curricular materials, professional development and teacher education programs, and online courses. The staff’s experience ranges from close observations of individual training events to implementation of multi-year, multi-site evaluations on the local, state and national levels. Staff members have conducted evaluations in early childhood, K-12, higher education, adult basic education, and informal education settings (e.g., museums and youth groups).
To design methodologically rigorous evaluations that respond to client needs, TERC’s Evaluation Group staff:
- listen carefully to clients and match evaluation designs to fit their goals interests, and needs
- generate formative and summative evaluation design models that employ qualitative and/or quantitative methods
- ensure valid and reliable data collection, analysis, and reporting that attends to broad trends and themes as well as nuanced descriptions
- use appropriate technology to support evaluation design, data collection, and analysis
- provide relevant and timely oral and written feedback and support discussions that incorporate evaluation findings into future planning
TERC's Evaluation Group is committed to providing thoughtful, expert advice about the evaluation process, design decisions, and constraints related to the project, while also building and maintaining a collaborative relationship with clients. The group includes ten evaluators, who are also experienced researchers, teachers, curriculum developers, and teacher educators. Each has between 5 and 20 years of experience using quantitative and qualitative methods for evaluation and research about learning environments, activities, and products.
For more information about TERC's Evaluation services, contact email@example.com.
Evaluation Group Staff
Maria (Mia) Ong