Please click here to go to the full job description and to apply.
#19-03 Information Technology Summer Internship
About the Role:
TERC’s IT department is offering a summer internship to a current student for the purpose of gaining practical technology-related and general office support experience in a professional setting. This is a full-time position funded for 8-10 weeks.
TERC is an all Mac environment. The successful candidate will be familiar with Apple hardware and software. It is an onsite support position and the intern will involve regular direct interaction with IT department and other staff via email, chat, phone, and in-person. A successful candidate will thrive in a team environment, but also be able to tackle small projects on their own.
- Assist with hardware audits in accordance with department policy
- Create, update, respond to, and close help requests
- Perform data migrations on hardware that is being disposed
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Assist with general office support tasks such as handling incoming/outgoing mail
- Helping to maintain clean and organized public spaces and supplies
- Handling small projects as assigned.
- Must have experience with macOS
- Interest and willingness to learn new tools and technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Open to and comfortable with change
TERC is a nonprofit made up of teams of math and science education and research experts dedicated to innovation and creative problem solving. At the frontier of theory and practice, TERC’s work encompasses research, content and curriculum development, technology innovation, professional development, and program evaluation. TERC has a passion for social justice and strives to create level playing fields for all learners, reaching more than three million students every year.
Located in a historic factory building between Porter & Davis Squares, TERC has a great work environment with a casual dress code. We are a relatively small organization but we are tech heavy for our size.
TERC is actively seeking to diversify its staff and places a high priority on developing a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to ITintern2019@terc.edu. Please do not call.
#19-04 Research Associate
Full-time (80%) position. The Researcher will work on research projects that address success factors for members of social groups underrepresented in higher education and work settings in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Projects are funded by the National Science Foundation and the Kapor Center/Center for Gender Equity in Science and Technology. The position is envisioned for a novice researcher who is interested in developing qualitative research skills. The Researcher’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: assisting team leaders with the development of interview protocols; organizing data; conducting literature searches, drafting memos and parts of literature reviews; and assisting with transcription, qualitative data coding, and analysis.
- B.A. or B.S. in education or related social science field preferred;
- familiarity with qualitative methods, especially interviewing;
- curiosity and willingness to learn on-the-job;
- abilities to work independently and on own initiative;
- abilities to demonstrate strong writing and analytic skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to work with members of diverse groups;
- abilities to be well organized and to have excellent time management skills;
- good oral and written communication skills;
- flexibility to travel for data collection and dissemination;
- familiarity with qualitative coding software (e.g., NVivo) is helpful but not required;
- knowledge of gender, race/ethnicity, social justice, and STEM issues is a plus.
The work will be for 20-32 hours per week and will begin in May or June 2019. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Compensation commensurate with experience will be provided. We are considering a strong internal candidate.
Please email cover letter and resume, and any inquiries to: Mia Ong at email@example.com. (Job Ref. #19-04)
TERC is actively seeking to diversify its staff and places a high priority on developing a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.