Fall 2010 Professional Development Institute for Implementing Investigations Curriculum Opens for Registration
September 28, 2010
The Investigations Implementation Center will be hosting a three-day Professional Development Institute from November 17-19th in Boston, Massachusetts.
The Professional Development Institute is designed for math leaders and coaches (individuals or teams up to six per school or district) responsible for professional development in the first two years of implementation of the 2nd edition ofInvestigations in Number, Data, and Space. At this Institute, participants will:
- learn how the curriculum can be used as a tool for professional development
- consider what are essential professional development offerings for teachers in the initial years of implementation
- examine design and facilitation of professional development sessions to support teachers using Investigations
- discuss leadership issues which impact math professional development
- experience sessions which participants can use in their own professional development program
The Institute includes whole group and workshop sessions, panel presentations, and whole and small group discussions. Participants will also have time to plan and discuss how they will use the professional development materials at their own sites.
For more information on the Professional Development Institute or to register, please click here.
To learn more about the Investigations in Number, Data, and Space curriculum, please visit: http://investigations.terc.edu.