TERC is an equal opportunity employer, and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. We place a high priority on developing a staff team that reflects the diverse communities we serve, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
TERC currently has the following job openings:
Grants & Contracts Administrator (Job Ref. #17-08)
Will serve as the primary information and operations resource for TERC’s pre and post-award support for grants and contracts. Reporting to the CFO and working closely with TERC’s principal investigators (PIs), you will play a pivotal role in the development and submission of research proposals; the development of research proposal budgets and all administrative content of proposals; stay informed of changes in funders’ requirements, rules and regulations; process contracts and subawards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in preparation of research proposals including the development of and review of budget and budget justification; ensures proposal alignment with solicitation’s guidelines.
- Updates and maintains proposal database.
- Identify and report to staff on publicly funded programs; provide RFPs and supporting documentation.
- Researches regulatory changes of federal rules and proposal/guidelines and communicates to staff.
- Using guidelines developed by the Finance Department, works with the PIs to develop subawards and independent contractor agreements and monitor throughout their term.
- Researches and compiles detailed, professional reports on foundations, organizations, corporations, and other potential partners (as requested).
- Coordinates and manages pre- and post- award subrecipients monitoring process.
- Maintains and updates internal proposal policies and processes.
- Staff to Development Committee, responsible for draft agenda, supplemental materials and minutes.
- Undertake special projects and research assignments as appropriate.
- A minimum of BS/BA is required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years related experience in a Research Administration/grants management environment.
- Familiarity with federal not-for-profit regulations, especially with the National Science Foundation preferred.
- Experience with database applications a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
Position may be fulltime or 80% time.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls and no recruiters please.
Staff Accountant (Job Ref. #17-07)
The successful candidate will be part of a 6-person Finance Department and will be responsible for various accounting and operation support functions, including the payroll process and purchasing activities. This is a part-time position including benefits. Starting salary is based on a full-time annual equivalent of 40k-50k and is commensurate with experience. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits including health and 403(b) retirement plan, a healthy work/life balance, exposure to a variety of technologies, and opportunities for professional development.
- Process and submit biweekly payroll to outside payroll company electronically, ensuring accuracy of the data transmitted.
- Set-up and update employee profiles in the accounting system (Deltek Costpoint).
- Place orders for materials and services with authorized suppliers and /or with TERC’s credit card.
- Receive and confirm materials on delivery; establish and maintain vendor relations; resolve problems with orders.
- Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations.
- Record cash receipts and other journal entries.
- Assist in year-end audit preparation.
- Serve as backup for accounts payable.
- Other duties assigned by the Controller.
- BS/BA in accounting or equivalent preferred. Some training in accounting a must. 1-3 years of prior experience in an accounting/bookkeeping capacity. Payroll experience strongly preferred. Purchasing or vendor relations experience preferred, but not required.
- Use of accounting software to a proficient level. Experience in nonprofit organization and with Deltek Costpoint software is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use common office computer applications (e.g. email, Excel and Word) to an intermediate level.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Capability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow up effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Ability to work in a collaborative decision making environment.
- Ability to protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com No phone calls and no recruiters please.
Research Associate (Job Ref. #17-06)
This is a 75-80% of full-time position (30-34 hours a week) for 18 months with the Dynamic Mathematics for English Language Learners (DMELL) project. The project is investigating the use of dynamic mathematics education software with middle school English Learners (ELs) and analyzing participating students’ talk, gestures, and use of Common Core State Standards math practices.
- Establishing strong working relationships with administrators, teachers, and school administrators.
- Recruiting student participants in the Boston area.
- Running mathematics activities with pairs of 7th and 8th grade students.
- Assisting with technical support of technology-based activities and video recording.
- Processing video data, using FinalCut Pro and other software.
- Coding video data using qualitative data analysis software.
- Preparing and conducting presentations on the findings of the project.
The work of the project will take place within a highly collaborative team and involve opportunities to learn new software and research methods. The successful candidate is expected to take a significant role in a wide range of tasks, to be highly self-motivated, and to work well both collaboratively and independently.
Required Qualifications include:
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish.
- Master's degree in Education, Psychology, or a related discipline OR three to five years of experience in educational research.
- Experience with students in any grade from 5-12.
- Facility with middle school mathematics.
- Facility with office and math education software and willingness to learn new software.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative analysis of data.
Salary commensurate with experience and training. Competitive benefits package. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to TERC by email to: DMELL_RA_position@terc.edu. No phone calls please.