TERC is an equal opportunity employer, and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. We place a high priority on developing a staff team that reflects the diverse communities we serve, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
TERC currently has the following job openings:
Project Assistant (Job Ref. #17-16)
EdGE is seeking a highly motivated, independent team member to join in an educational research project about computational thinking in grades 3-8.
The Educational Gaming Environments group (EdGE) at TERC designs free-choice STEM learning games—games that are grounded in authentic STEM content and that people choose to play in their free time—and conducts research, using novel methods such as educational data mining, to measure implicit learning in these games. We also work with educators to understand how that implicit learning can be leveraged to support classroom learning of the related STEM content. Currently, EdGE’s work is focused around a learning game called Zoombinis that focuses on Computational Thinking.
EdGE is looking to grow its team with new talent. The ideal candidate will have at least a BS in STEM, computer science, and/or education, with:
- Experience with administrative and/or organizational support or management
- Comfort with basic office software, cloud-based collaboration tools such as Dropbox and Google Drive, and a willingness to learn new software
- Ability to manage several activities with high levels of detail simultaneously
- An understanding of and experience with computational thinking in K-12 education
- Experience, talent, and interest in using social media
- Experience with educational research
A successful candidate will be eager to learn new things and be a quick, independent learner. Our work is constantly changing and requiring new skills. We are looking for someone who can both handle regular, on-going responsibilities and pitch in to support many types of new tasks.
Anticipated work will include:
- Communicating with elementary and middle school teachers and learners, in classes and virtually, who are involved in our research studies
- Helping researchers analyze game log data to predict learning
- Providing communication and logistics coordination for a team of on- and off-site staff
- Supporting logistics around conferences, travel, and (in-person and digital) meetings, including scheduling, poster preparation and ordering, minutes, and reimbursements
- Work with spreadsheets, online information and coordination systems
- Basic administrative tasks
- Other tasks and work as needed and appropriate
Candidates must work well independently and on a geographically distributed team. For the right candidate, there may be opportunities to partial work from home.
Position is up to 50% FTE with the potential for full-time if combined with another similar posting.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to: Kelly_Paulson@terc.edu. No phone calls and no recruiter or agency inquiries please.