TERC is an equal opportunity employer, and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. We place a high priority on developing a staff team that reflects the diverse communities we serve, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
TERC currently has the following job openings:
Project Assistant (Job Ref. #17-12)
This is a part time position 30-55% (12-22 hours a week) for 9 months (possibility longer-term, pending funding) to support the Adult Numeracy Center (ANC) projects at TERC. The Adult Numeracy Center provides professional development and instructional materials to adult education professionals, and adults learning math both in and out of the classroom. The successful candidate is expected to take a significant role in a wide range of tasks, to be highly organized and self-motivated, and to work well independently.
- Communication and logistics coordination for a team of mostly off-site staff and consultants
- Communication and logistics coordination with adult education programs, teacher-registrants, and our research partners
- Maintain multiple external websites for the Center (training provided, no HTML knowledge necessary), as well as blog and Twitter feed
- Maintain attendance records for professional development events and coordinate with subcontractor to ensure data are kept up-to-date
- Create, manage, and add data to online surveys
- Edit video clips and maintain video library
- Process and maintain records of staff and consultant invoices and reimbursement requests
- Training and conference prep including copying, assembly, and shipping
- Order supplies and catering as needed and maintain supply inventory
- General proofreading and editing of developed written materials and presentations
Required Qualifications include:
- 2-5 years of previous administrative support experience
- Excellent writing and professional communication skills
- Facility with Microsoft office software and willingness to learn new software
- Comfort with cloud-based collaboration tools such as Dropbox, Google Drive
- Ability to manage several activities simultaneously
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign
- Familiarity with APA or Chicago style and Endnote software
- Comfort with cloud-based meeting platforms such as WebEx and Zoom
- Familiarity with basic video clip editing
- An interest in STEM education, and adult education in particular, a plus
References required. Salary commensurate with experience and training. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to TERC by email to: email@example.com. No phone calls and no recruiter or agency inquiries please.
Senior Strategic Project Lead (Job Ref. #17-11)
TERC is seeking a part-time (3 days per week) Senior Strategic Project Lead to support and help to advance the President’s organizational goals, leading projects as appropriate. This position requires an action-oriented self-starter with proven strategic thinking and project management skills.
- Act as an advisor to the President and provide relevant support to Principal Investigators (PIs).
- Assist the President in facilitating effective decision-making and problem solving.
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Lead initiatives as identified by the President, working with internal teams and/or directing staff involved in the effort, keeping the President informed throughout.
- Conduct or aid in the outreach to local communities, potential partners and potential funders in support of the organizations’ goals and plans.
- Ensure the President is well-prepared for strategic meetings, that objectives are clear and realistic and priorities are well-defined.
- Conduct research on potential funding opportunities while keeping abreast of TERC grant and research efforts, working with PIs on identified alignments thereof.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the President to remain abreast of any upcoming commitments of the President.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field with at least eight years of leadership and project management experience;
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills carried out with tact, diplomacy and persistence;
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management;
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This is a part-time position reporting to the President. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to TERC by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls and no recruiter or agency inquiries please.