Grades: High School, Adult/Post-Secondary
The EMPower curriculum, developed by TERC and published by McGraw-Hill, fills the tremendous need for a math and numeracy program for adult basic education. EMPower helps adults develop mathematical proficiency by combining the best teaching practices of the past two decades with insights culled from educational research and classroom practice.
EMPower focuses on mathematical reasoning, communication, and problem solving with strategies and approaches designed to appeal to a broad spectrum of learning styles. Each unit includes activities with clear mathematical goals and contexts that are engaging and useful for adult learners.
Units in the Series
- Over, Around, and Within: Geometry and Measurement
- Everyday Number Sense: Mental Math and Visual Models
- Many Points Make a Point: Data and Graphs
- Split It Up: More Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Keeping Things in Proportion: Reasoning with Ratios
- Seeking Patterns, Building Rules: Algebraic Thinking
- Operation Sense: Even More Fractions, Decimals, and Percents